Aenigma

A Burning Legion World of Warcraft Guild

Forums || DKP || Apply

Adios, for now at least

Talk about whatever here.

Moderators: Snow, Lemmiwinks, futureal

Adios, for now at least

Postby Snow on Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:18 pm

As many people know we've had a bit of a rough tbc experience. Unfortunately for us these tougher times also coincided with me not having as much time to deal with problems (having to finish a PhD thesis tends to put constraints on ones spare time). Over the last month in particular I've had to miss leading a lot of raids. Lyion, Sugoda, and Syrio helped step up a lot and for that I am grateful. However due to other rl commitments neither Lyion nor Sugoda will be able to lead as much as we need. I'm not sure when I'll become more free as there are many things I have to get set in order even after I defend this month and to be frank I could use a bit of a break from hardcore raiding + leading after 3ish years of it. That leaves a pretty big leadership void that noone really wants to step up and fill. Perhaps this is partly due to the frustration we have been facing on Kael, but to blame it on just Kael/raiding frustration would be simplistic.

In any event, we've decided to put a freeze on hardcore raiding. Many of us will likely seek raiding opportunities in other guilds, but we plan to stay in touch. A chunk of us are eager to play warhammer online and I am sure you will see many of us there and or in other games. We'd like to thank the Burning Legion community in general for all the support and fun times.
Lyion: "I want to reach through the internet and slap you"
Snow

Re: Adios, for now at least

Postby Praetor on Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:21 am

I just wanted to thank you guys again for the last month or so of raiding, really enjoyed it and you helped me out alot. Much appreciated.

-Reivax
When Theyre Coming With The Bullets You Prepare With The Bombs
Praetor

Postby Impatient on Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:16 pm

=(

<3 snow, and many others. I was really sad to hear this, and hope those that are leaving the game enjoyed the time spent here. Much respect to Snow/Lyion/Sugoda etc, you guys are awesome and I hope real life commitments work out for you all. Good luck everyone!
Impatient

Postby Bruder on Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:49 pm

well I hope the needed break brings a lot of you guys back to the game...given you have the available time to play. I know very few of you know me but I had a brief oppurtunity to run a few instances with some of you and it was a great experience. The bigger picture is obviously real life and hopefully very soon everything in that area gets all settled in for those that are in a crucial time in their lives. Hopefully we'll be able to meet up again in the on-line world that allowed for me to meet a few of you 8)
Bruder

Postby BAIRD on Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:40 pm

<3 Each and every one of you <3

except maybe ichron, ololo

:) Good luck with whatever you may do
BAIRD

Postby Suiko on Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:53 pm

OMG HAI BIRDIE POWERLVL MY MAGE ON EXECUTUS!
Suiko

Postby Thibodeau on Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:55 pm

BAIRD and SUIKO and... damn its so hard to type =D
<3 all and hope to see you around or at least chill on vent.
Thibodeau

Postby BAIRD on Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:10 pm

Yup, I'll drop by more often!

Also, damn my little good bye post here really came up short to my super mushy one on the realm forums, oh well you guys know I got <3 for all of ya
BAIRD

Postby Lyion on Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:39 pm

BAIRD vent more often plz even though im not gonna be playing as much or tell me ropes vent.
Snow" i need to graduate and move to san diego"
http://ctprofiles.net/763945
Lyion
Newb ass priest

Postby Cavos on Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:01 pm

Impatient wrote:=(

<3 snow, and many others. I was really sad to hear this, and hope those that are leaving the game enjoyed the time spent here. Much respect to Snow/Lyion/Sugoda etc, you guys are awesome and I hope real life commitments work out for you all. Good luck everyone!

go catch the aids train.
Cavos
loves myspace photos.

Postby Surak on Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:52 pm

Goodbye Snow, I always felt like I owed you something. You guys took me in to your PVP groups back when I was playing obscene hours trying to reach rank 13. You saved me from having to hear Azliashane's voice with is a huge gift. Nigma took me into MC and basically gave me T1 and tolerated me healing in rank 13 feralol gear. You're an awesome person if your voice is a bit nasally and your jokes corny. Good Luck with the PhD and in the real world. You made my WoW experience just that much better.
Surak

Return to Public Discussion