Aenigma

A Burning Legion World of Warcraft Guild

Forums || DKP || Apply

Hi!

Talk about whatever here.

Moderators: Snow, Lemmiwinks, futureal

Postby scrooger on Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:10 pm

ravens, i just want you to know this is the first time ive checked this site since i made that last post, and you just bumped this.

coincidence or telepathic connection? you be the judge. ill be the reciever.

hello.jpg

bye.scrooge
scrooger

Postby Ravensclaw on Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:11 pm

scrooger wrote:ravens, i just want you to know this is the first time ive checked this site since i made that last post, and you just bumped this.

hello.jpg

bye.scrooge

wrd. should buy one of the new fps's coming out since you're not big into wow.
I HAX MUCH
Ravensclaw

Postby shiv_ on Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:20 pm

scrooger wrote:ravens, i just want you to know this is the first time ive checked this site since i made that last post, and you just bumped this.

hello.jpg

bye.scrooge

logs beg to differ, stalker.
shiv_

Postby scrooger on Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:57 pm

Ravensclaw wrote:wrd. should buy one of the new fps's coming out since you're not big into wow.

tf2 and fortress forever (fan made port of tfc to source engine which will keep quake style physics, something which tf2 might not have) will be all i'll be playing when they come out. every other fps that has come out has been some slow piece of shit thats not worth playing, even quake4.

anyways

\m/
scrooger

Postby shiv_ on Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:42 pm

tfc never had quake physics to begin with D:

im gonna try out tf2 though, i like the way it looks
shiv_

Postby Ravensclaw on Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:45 pm

scrooger wrote:
Ravensclaw wrote:wrd. should buy one of the new fps's coming out since you're not big into wow.

tf2 and fortress forever (fan made port of tfc to source engine which will keep quake style physics, something which tf2 might not have) will be all i'll be playing when they come out. every other fps that has come out has been some slow piece of shit thats not worth playing, even quake4.

anyways

\m/

eh et:qw looks pretty nice since I played alot of rg. svg2 looks ok, all of which look better than wow.
I HAX MUCH
Ravensclaw

Postby scrooger on Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:01 am

shiv_ wrote:tfc never had quake physics to begin with D:

bhopping was the same as q1, rjing same as q1, wallstrafing is the same. only thing different is handheld concing. you could only drop conc in tf for quake.

shiv, /whois scrooge` on gamesurge sometime when tf2 is out if you want to play.

and isn't et:qw some fucking planetside clone thing?
scrooger

Postby Denial on Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:09 am

scrooger wrote:

bhopping was the same as q1, rjing same as q1, wallstrafing is the same. only thing different is handheld concing. you could only drop conc in tf for quake.

shiv, /whois scrooge` on gamesurge sometime when tf2 is out if you want to play.

QW's looks alright, it's all about execution really. It's almost like planetside, not an mmo, but does have base capture utility in it, as you have to attack/defend then switch sides (this is only one maps objective). It seems like it can be a great game, but as of now not much has been released about it.
Life is waiting for the one who loves to live, and it is not a secret...
Denial

Postby shiv_ on Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:33 pm

scrooger wrote:

thats why I could go to qw and fuckin cut a rug but then the second i went to TFC i felt like a lame duck :D? TFC had all the movement tricks that qw did for the most part, but they were not the same.

I'll be sure to look you up for tf2 tho D:

EDIT: QW = quakeworld, and it always will. I don't want you "quake wars" bitches stepping on the dick of the greatest fps ever made.
shiv_

Postby scrooger on Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:08 pm

Denial wrote:QW's looks alright, it's all about execution really. It's almost like planetside, not an mmo, but does have base capture utility in it, as you have to attack/defend then switch sides (this is only one maps objective). It seems like it can be a great game, but as of now not much has been released about it.

the only thing that matters to me is the speed of a game. i played cs for 3 years, and dont ever want to play a game of that pace again. almost every game that has come out recently has just been some piece of shit rehash of old game mechanics with pretty graphics, and that would all be all good if the shit they rehashed wasn't the god damn slow speed of the game.

tfc/quake/hldm/ut2kn, all these games were great because you needed to master something beyond aiming to be good. it made it so much more interesting when movement meant a whole lot instead of just 'aim at your head click left mouse button'.

if there a bunch of people i know who play that qw shit though i may get into it, BUT HEY, WHO REALLY CARES?!
scrooger

Postby Denial on Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:28 pm

The speed of the game is comparable to battlefield, as far as combat goes, it actually may be a little bit faster. Problem with speed in battlefield was getting to the action, QuakeWars fixes this in a few different ways, overall increasing game speed. Though I think your looking for Quake 3 speed, and QW's doesn't match up to that.
Life is waiting for the one who loves to live, and it is not a secret...
Denial

Previous

Return to Public Discussion