Forums || DKP || Apply

Hunter Itemization 1.10 and Beyond

Talk about whatever here.

Moderators: Snow, Lemmiwinks, futureal

Hunter Itemization 1.10 and Beyond

Postby kkay on Tue May 30, 2006 8:06 pm

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... &t=1202516

http://files.filefront.com/Hunterwmv/;5092917;;/fileinfo.html

I always did prefer ingame testing to theorycraft.

If you watch the video, you can clearly see that the Xbow of Smiting vs. Rhok'delar is almost identical in rotations. I had to slightly delay an Aimed in the first clip, but considering the amount of error and variables, it's fine enough. Either way, both weapons get 3 auto shots, which includes the auto following the aimed.

The point was to compare to the Nerubian Slavemaker, and it doesn't take a genius to see the difference. A 3.4 speed weapon is essentially the same in rotation compared to a 2.9 or 3.0 weapon. Yes, this is actaully more of a 9 second rotation since I fire the Aimed immediately, but note the timing of the last autoshot before the Aimed. I have enough time to start the cast before the shot even hits the target, so waiting for the next auto with either weapon is pointless.

And the loss of damage from the Aimed or Multi overlapping is negligable in the face of a 1.5 or 1.8 modifier of DPS per rotation.

I account this similarity partly server lag, but mostly due to the fact that auto shot has a very short cast time, which affects the weapon speed slightly, mostly to favor slower weapons since it would be the same cast time. Either way, watch the vid, comment, call me a troll, etc.

A thread I made to debunk all the newb theorycrafters talking about rotations without doing testing which takes all of 10 min.

Pretty much, Xbow of Smiting is best weapon in the game, Naxx Xbow blows. Also, best weapon speed is about 3.3, and anything else is just losing DPS by large amounts. Hope Xbow drops during BWL this week. :D
kkay

Postby futureal on Tue May 30, 2006 8:27 pm

Ladies and gentleman, I give you the valedictorian of the Princeton Class of 2010!
Syrio
futureal

Postby Lemmiwinks on Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:22 am

Old and busted:

New hottness:
136-253, 3.40, 57.2 dps, +24 AP, +1% crit
Lemmiwinks

Postby Kindeshin on Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:36 pm

Holy shit they changed the speed to 3.4? That'll make it vastly superior to any other ranged weapon in the game.
Kindeshin

Postby sasukekun on Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:00 am

I think it's 3.2 speed now
sasukekun

Postby Kindeshin on Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:28 pm

Yea last I saw it was 3.2 which should easily make it the #1 weapon.
Kindeshin

Re: Hunter Itemization 1.10 and Beyond

Postby akba on Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:18 pm

kkay wrote:A thread I made to debunk all the newb theorycrafters talking about rotations without doing testing which takes all of 10 min.

Pretty much, Xbow of Smiting is best weapon in the game, Naxx Xbow blows. Also, best weapon speed is about 3.3, and anything else is just losing DPS by large amounts. Hope Xbow drops during BWL this week. :D

Kkay the investigator.

-akba
Pants: Bottom half of Burning Legion's outfit.
akba

Return to Public Discussion