Aenigma

A Burning Legion World of Warcraft Guild

Forums || DKP || Apply

Mage Talents

Talk about whatever here.

Moderators: Snow, Lemmiwinks, futureal

Postby Yume on Thu May 04, 2006 4:16 pm

Snow wrote:If you are sheeped and unable to use an ability and if noone resheeps/uses any spell on you in less than roughly 10 seconds you can drop combat and charge the mage when the sheep breaks (this happens more in a group fight than a 1v1 situation obviously).

It's always been this way.

Know when a mage sheeps you and then sits down and drinks? same thing.
Yume

Postby Snow on Thu May 04, 2006 4:23 pm

Yume wrote:
Snow wrote:If you are sheeped and unable to use an ability and if noone resheeps/uses any spell on you in less than roughly 10 seconds you can drop combat and charge the mage when the sheep breaks (this happens more in a group fight than a 1v1 situation obviously).

It's always been this way.

Know when a mage sheeps you and then sits down and drinks? same thing.

Interesting; goes to show you how noob I am at pvp then. Perhaps it is just coincidence that this has suddenly started happening a lot to me then, and that it has never happened to me before.
Snow

Postby Samelina on Thu May 04, 2006 4:30 pm

You always drop combat if you are a sheep long enough Snow
Mind Freeze is a supercooled ice cream that you keep in a freezerbox, and when you want to Mind Freeze someone, you take the ice cream out of the box and jam it into the opponents mouth, thus interrupting them (cause they can't speak).

This is also the reason Mind Freeze is the only interrupt with huge delay: We have to get it out of the freezer first.
Samelina

Postby Ravendas on Thu May 04, 2006 5:43 pm

Snow bogarting the mage thread with warrior info. TYPICAL (jk)

So permafrost, which gives 3 more seconds of chill and 10% slower chill speed, combined with improved blizzard, is pretty gd slow. Get hit with that and its 7.5 seconds of 85% reduced speed. Drop that on the av bridge when alliance is about to lose, or in any other chokepoint, and lol as everyone just stops. Also triggers the chill->freeze talent quite a bit too I'd think.
Ravendas

Postby Denial on Fri May 05, 2006 8:43 am

The more and more I read the talents the worse they seem. The new arcane sub is actually worse then the old one when comparing it to aggro intensive fights. I never really had aggro problems during fights with no platue, whenever I pull aggro it's because I crit like 3-4x and didn't feel like stopping. Crit control was already easy enough to manage, what they did was make it mindless but also weakend arcane missles more then it already was. Even with a 20% to crit that's like 12-14% hate reduction which is minimal.

I do have some builds worked out, my PVE one being 11/31/7. I find the new combustion to be somewhat useful, especially with a good scorch build. The 7 goes down to the new improved frost thing, mainly for the extra resist and whatnot. Honestly I can't find myself going deeper then 11 in the arcane tree and even the 11th talent is pushing it with a bit extra armor. There also seems to be a retarded "floating talent" in every tree. In my case the talent would normally be put in pyroblast, though I feel it is worthless unless you get PoM.
Life is waiting for the one who loves to live, and it is not a secret...
Denial

Postby Doshua on Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:07 am

changes are pretty cool in my opinion. had a chance to play with a few builds on test server and pretty dam nice. yea, arcane resiliance is like, the most stupids thing ever, they shoulda had it so it goes from 15% 30% 45% of max Mana. thatd be nice. also, winters chill I dunno. tis good, but, 5 talents that far up in the tree makes it toooo iffy for me. although I suppose i'd be a nice stack with other mages.
Doshua

Previous

Return to Public Discussion