A Burning Legion World of Warcraft Guild

Forums || DKP || Apply

New site

Talk about whatever here.

Moderators: Snow, Lemmiwinks, futureal

New site

Postby Ludwig on Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:29 pm

Wow, looks great.

What CMS are you using? I -love- the front page boss kill counters and would love to do something like that for Defiant (Shamlessly copy your good idea) :P

I'd give you credit tho! :)

So is that custom written or a module you dug up?
Ludwig

Postby Yume on Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:39 pm

The only thing that really resembles a CMS on our site is the front page news section pulls from the news table from eqdkp. Everything else is custom built.

I can give you the code for the kill counters if you want this weekend after I make it suck less (ie make it portable).
Yume

Postby Lyion on Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:16 am

<3 yume
Snow" i need to graduate and move to san diego"
http://ctprofiles.net/763945
Lyion
Newb ass priest

Postby marla on Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:45 pm

i dig it. nice job
marla 60 UD mage - Aenigtown
marla

Postby Yume on Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:23 pm

Okay, in the downloads section of the site I put a .zip called eqDKP_stats.zip - plop the eqDKP_stats.php file from this into your dkp directory. From the page where you want the stats table, include() it, and then call the function eqDKP_stats() wherever you want the table. The result of this is: http://s156278735.onlinehome.us/dkp/eqDKP_Stats.php

Now that was fine and dandy until I went to the Defiant website: http://test.topekalumber.com/index.php?name=wowdkp&file=viewevent and saw you guys were using the notes field to list kills. I was going to write a new function for you but considering some of your geddon kills are labeled "geddon" and others "baron" there is no really easy way to automate that. As a result what you should do is include the file still but don't call the eqDKP_stats() function. Instead, include() the config.php file in your dkp directory and put this code into your php file where you want the tables:

Code: Select all
echo "<div class = 'stats_box'>\n";
echo "<div class = 'stats_title'>Molten Core</div>\n";
echo "<table class = 'stats_table'>\n";
printf("<tr><td class = 'stats_name'>%s</td><td class = 'stats_numkills'>%s</td></tr>\n", "Lucifron", raid_count("Luci", $table_prefix));
printf("<tr><td class = 'stats_name'>%s</td><td class = 'stats_numkills'>%s</td></tr>\n", "Geddon", raid_count("baron", $table_prefix) + raid_count("geddon", $table_prefix));
echo "</table>";
echo "</div>\n";

Doing this will enable you to do what i did in that geddon line, adding the raid counts of 2 differenly named notes. Now you'll need to open up the eqDKP_stats php file and change the raid_count() function to work with your database too. change the first line to:

$sequel = "SELECT count(*) FROM `" . $table_prefix . "raids` WHERE `raid_note` LIKE '%" . $name . "%';";

And that should locate all the times where you entered mutiple kills in a single raid as well.

Furthermore to retain xhtml1.1/css compliance I used a bunch of css classes in the table, here's the css:

.stats_title{ font-weight: bold; text-align: center; float: none;}
.stats_out{ width: 184px; margin: 0px auto;}
.stats_box{ background: url('/images/Default/headerbox.jpg') no-repeat; width: 174px; padding: 2px; margin: 2px; font-size: 10pt;}
.stats_name{ width: 145px; font-size: 8pt;}
.stats_numkills{ width: 25px; font-size: 8pt;}
.stats_table{ margin: 5px auto; border: solid 0px #FFFFFF; border-collapse: collapse;}
Yume

Postby shiv_ on Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:53 pm

STOP IT YOU OVER ACHIEVER
shiv_

Postby Ludwig on Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:06 pm

Yume is my hero. I would vote Yume to dictator...

Yea we just recently realized we are nubs as far as events go. Sadly we are also using wowdkp which is a Postnuke module and not currently updated for the nice item hovers. We have thought about redoing the site, and after seeing the insanely fantasic job you did here....I think we have to.

This site pwns the face of your old one, everything just looks great. What a fantastic job. Wanna make $50 and redo ours? :-) I have slave labor that would reenter our dkp...tho we would probably just reenter the last month or two and inflate the rest of the MC kills w/ a select +10 or some such.

I think it would be sweet (and easy w/ what you already coded) too to list out tiered class drops... or even the super nice weaps.
IE
Tier2 Drops
Bloodfang: 102 (12 Sharded)
Wrath: 120 (3 Sharded)

Tier3 Drops:

Be jealous:
Askandi: 3
Staff of Shadow Flame: 3
Epics we have sharded that you could have used: 243

But that would just be to make others cry and be sad in their inferiorness to you....then again, this site kicks enough ass that they will probably already feel this way...

Man..best guild site I've seen. Super clean and great info/easily accesible.
Ludwig

Postby Yume on Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:33 pm

Ludwig wrote:Yea we just recently realized we are nubs as far as events go. Sadly we are also using wowdkp which is a Postnuke module and not currently updated for the nice item hovers.
As long as the database structure is the same, the code should work for you. But yeah you're probably right to think that you should at least from now on should change the way you do events.

Ludwig wrote:Wanna make $50 and redo ours? :-)
no. If you want help with php I can help though. Don't really want any more immense projects like this site for a while.

Ludwig wrote:I think it would be sweet (and easy w/ what you already coded) too to list out tiered class drops... or even the super nice weaps.
Yeah I thought about doing but meh it doesn't seem like anything but elitist and I try to avoid drama.

Ludwig wrote:A+++ WOULD BUY FROM AGAIN
Thanks for the positive feedback
Yume

Thanks again

Postby Ludwig on Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:18 am

Your code inspired me to start playing:
http://test.topekalumber.com/custom/kills.php

Thanks again for being willing to share!
Ludwig

Return to Public Discussion